Important: Wireless Broadband Service will only work on Huawei B525G (used before under Optus Service) and Netcomm NL1901ACV.
These are types of service which provides high-speed Internet and data service delivered through a wireless local area network (WLAN). Image below shows physical setup for this type of service.
1. To access modems interface, please make sure a computer is connected directly to the modems ethernet port. Enter 192.168.20.1 into the browser address bar and type admin in the username and password field.
2. At the login screen, type admin into the Username field, and type modem serial number into the Password field and click OK. Modem serial number can be found on the bottom of the hardware that should have the admin login details.
3. Click on Advance Setup then Mobile Broadband.
4. Configure modem settings:
a. If this is the first time you are setting up the modem to the network, click Edit .
b. If the modem was connected before and you are trying to make any changes of its current settings, click Disconnect then, Edit.
Set the information as shown below and hit Apply/Save
Dial Number: *99#
Default WAN Connection Select: Mobile Broadband
Once the setup is complete, click Connect under Action.
5. Click Device Info then Summary, scroll down at the very bottom till Device Info for Cellular Network is seen. If configured properly, signal is available and link will show connected.
The modem provides dual band wireless network. This means, it is capable of transmitting two different standard frequency ranges such as 2.4GHz and 5GHz.
The 2.4 GHz band provides coverage at a longer range but transmits data at slower speeds. The 5 GHz band provides less coverage but transmits data at faster speeds. The range is lower in the 5 GHz band because higher frequencies cannot penetrate solid objects, such as walls and floors.
1. Select Wireless and click each GHz range you wanna check or change the credentials. To check or change WiFi Username, go to Basic and SSID
2. To check or change WiFi password, click on Security and go to WPA/WAPI passphrase.
All times are Australian Eastern Daylight Time (AEDT)
Customers experiencing service difficulties should check our Network Status page for known issues before troubleshooting.