- Support Home
- Hardware Setup Guides
Mobile Broadband - Huawei E220 (Mac OS 10 . 5 / Leopard) Setup
Firstly download the Mac OS 10.5 Driver by clicking here and install the "MobileConnectDrv_App.pkg" enclosed in the zip file.
- Plug in the modem.
- Open System Preferences -> Network.
- Click on the "+" and from the Interface drop-down choose "HUAWEI Mobile".
- Name it whatever you want (for example 3G Connection), and click "Create".
- Select your newly created connection and place *99# in the Telephone Number.
- Click on "Advanced".
- Under modem, choose Vendor "Other", and then choose the HUAWEI 3G Modem (could be named differently - but will say Huawei) as the Model.
- Enter the APN as "splns999a1" (Note the l is a lower case L).
- Click OK, then click on Connect to test your connection.