- Support Home
- Hardware Setup Guides
Mobile Broadband - Huawei E220 (Mac OS 10.4 / Tiger) Setup
- Unplug the 3G modem.
- Download the Mac OS 10.4 Driver by clicking here and install the MobileConnectDrv_App.pkg enclosed into the zip file.
- Plug in the modem.
- Open System Preferences -> Network.
- Set Show to Network Port Configurations and choose New, then name it and select HUAWEI Mobile from the port drop-down.
- Name it whatever you want (for example 3G Connection), and click OK.
- Select your newly created connection and place *99# in the Telephone Number.
- Click on Advanced.
- Under modem, choose Vendor Other, and then choose the HUAWEI 3G Modem (could be named differently - but will say Huawei) as the Model.
- Enter the APN as "splns999a1" (Note the l is a lower case L).
- Click OK, then click on Connect to test your connection.