Broadband - TP-Link TD-W8951ND Setup Guide
TP-Link TD-W8951ND Setup Guide
This guide will assist in the physical setup, internet, and wireless configuration for the TP-Link TD-W8951ND.
What you will need:
A PC / Device that can connect to the modem via ethernet OR wireless.
Ethernet cables (if not using wireless).
Connecting the device:
The power cable will be plugged into the circular port on the left hand side of the rear of the modem.
An ethernet cable can be connected into any of the four yellow LAN ports.
A phone line cable should be connected into the right most port which either goes directly into a phone socket or into the "ADSL" port of a splitter.
Logging into the device:
Open an internet browser (e.g. Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox), once this is open type 192.168.1.1 into the address bar.
Login using the following details:
- Username: admin
- Password: admin
Configuring the device:
1. From the main setup page select Quick Start followed by Run Wizard.
2. A summary will be shown of what will be configured in the Setup Wizard, select Next.
3. You will then be prompted for a change in Time Zone, set appropriate to your location.
4. Next is the ISP Connection Type. Here we want to choose PPPoE/PPPoA.
5. The next page will contain your Internet Connection details.
Please then enter the following with the Username and Password details relevant to your connection.
6. The following page will configure your Wireless Details, once entered press “Next”.
Note that your “Pre-Shared Key” is your Wireless Password.
7. Press Next in order to save the settings in your modem.
8. You should then receive the following confirmation page, press close to finish the setup.