Thunderbird Email Setup
1. If this is the first time you've opened Thunderbird, the Mail Account Setup window will appear automatically (continue to step 2). Otherwise, go to File on the top bar and select Mail Account.
2. Fill in your name, email address and password.
• Your Name: Enter your full name (or the name you'd like people to see when you send them email from this account)
• Email Address: Enter your SpinTel email address you're setting up
• Password: Enter the password for the email address you're setting up
When you're done this, click Continue.
3. Now Thunderbird will try and detect your mail settings. This won't work so you'll need to enter them yourself (see below the screenshot if you need help with this).
• Username: Enter the username (without @spin.net.au) and password for the email address you're setting up
• Incoming: Enter pop3.spintel.net.au
• Outgoing: Enter smtp.spintel.net.au
When you've finished, click Re-test Configuration.
4. Thunderbird will take a minute to check the settings you've entered.
• If your settings are correct, it'll say The following settings were found by trying common server names or Thunderbird has found the settings for your account, click the Create Account button and move to the next step
• If there's a problem, make sure your settings match the screenshot in step 3 and click Re-test Configuration
5. You'll see a warning screen like the one below, to continue you'll need to tick I understand the risks and click Create Account.
6. Click Tools on the top bar and select Account Settings.
7. Select Outgoing Server (SMTP) on the left hand menu, choose the SMTP account (smtp.spintel.net.au) and click Edit on the right hand side.
8. Make sure the settings match those shown underneath the screenshot.
• Server Name should be smtp.spintel.net.au and the Port should be 25.
• Connection Security is set to None.
• Authentication method is set to No authentication (this will grey out the User Name box, so you can't edit it)
Click OK once you've finished entering these details.
9.That's everything you need to do, click OK again to finish. Click Get Mail and your email will be downloaded to your Inbox.
Congratulations, you have successfully setup your email address
All times are Australian Eastern Daylight Time (AEDT)
Customers experiencing service difficulties should check our Network Status page for known issues before troubleshooting.