When the telephone receiver is lifted and/or during a telephone conversation, noise such as static/crackling/buzzing is heard on the line.
These troubleshooting steps should be undertaken in order to resolve the issue:
- Perform an isolation test. This involves removing any devices including telephone handsets, ADSL modems, fax machines, Foxtel Digital, back to base alarm systems, filters/splitters etc. from your telephone line.
- Once completed, plug your telephone directly into the phone socket and check for noise. If the noise only occurs whilst on a call, you may need to make a call for testing purposes.
- Whilst the line is isolated, check for noise on all available phone sockets in the premises.
- Repeat step 3 using an alternate (known working) handset and replacement phone line cable.
- Perform a POTS reset, this involves removing all devices connected to the telephone line once again, leaving the line completely isolated for 1 hour. After the hour has passed, plug in your telephone handset directly to the socket and check for any signs of noise.
Should you still experience problems after following the troubleshooting in this guide, please contact our Technical Support team on 1300 303 375.