Every now and then we will receive an email or call from a relative of one of our customers who have passed away.
Please be sensitive to the matter and deal with it in a professional and personable manner.
What to do
If the contact wants it closed
- Request for a copy of the Death Certificate by sending an email to the customer via station. Customer may also wish to send the copy of death certificate via post or fax.
- Upload death certificate in station and add a closure waiving the standard end date of billing cycle and any termination fees or clawbacks.
Important: Make sure to check the dates on the Death Certificate
- Create a ticket to credits advising of account holder's death to w/off any outstanding balance.
Note: If the Death certificate is posted, it will be posted to the Sydney office and credits team will receive it and process the necessary changes or closure of the account. If the Death certificate is faxed it will go to Chris Takoushis who will then forward it to Credit team.
If the person wants the account active but in their name
- This will be classified change of ownership in which COO fee will be waived.
- Request for a copy of the Death Certificate by sending an email to the customer via station.
- Upload death certificate in station and make sure to check the dates on the Death Certificate
- Request to Tickets department or your team lead to send the COO form via Kayako and let the customer supply the necessary information as shown below:
Section 1: Account holder details such as account number, full name, email address and service number.
Section 2: New Account Holder Details
All section 3 and 4 should be filled out