Refer A Friend Terms & Conditions
Personal Referral (Individual and Business Customers)
- If a Referrer chooses to tell their family or friends about SpinTel's Refer a Friend program, we will ask the Referrer to provide the name and email address or mobile number of their friend, for the purpose of sending a Referral Invitation.
- A Referral Invitation, including an Active Referral Code, will be sent to the Referee's email address (when an email address is provided) or mobile number (when a mobile number is provided).
- SpinTel will not store any of your friend or family members personal information contained in a Referral Invitation.
- By sending a Referral Invitation, the Referrer confirms that their friend or a family member has consented to receive messages of this kind from the Referrer or that such consent can be inferred from an existing personal, business or other relationship.
- SpinTel Customers are prohibited from sending unsolicited email, or SMS messages to individuals who do not wish to receive them. Improper use of the SpinTel Refer a Friend program may result in the suspension of your SpinTel services or the termination of your agreement with SpinTel.
- Subject to paragraphs 7 and 8 below, where a Referrer sends a Referral Invitation and a Referee opens a Personal or Business Account, both the Referrer and the Referee will receive a Referral Credit for each new service activated under the account (After the Referee's second monthly invoice has been paid, unless shorter if stated).
- The maximum number of Referral Credits available to a Referrer:
- is limited by the following:
i. the number of Referral Invitations sent by the Referrer in Referral Invitations; and
ii. the limited number of services that any Referee is permitted to connect to an Account;
- in total, is subject to a dollar value or minutes as defined in the Referral Credit Table.
- The maximum number of Referral Credits available to a Referee is limited by the following:
- a Referee may only redeem Referral Credit(s) under one Active Referral Code;
- pursuant to that Active Referral Code, a Referee is eligible to receive one Referral Credit per new service activated under a Personal or Business Account; and
- the limited number of services that any Referee is permitted to connect to an Account.
Referral Credits - Further Information
- In circumstances where a friend or family member receives more than one Referral Invitation, the friend or family member must choose only one Active Referral Code to submit to SpinTel. Thereafter, Referral Credit(s) will be paid:
- to the Referrer associated with the Active Referral Code submitted, subject to the limitations set out in paragraph 7 above; and
- to the Referee only in relation to the Active Referral Code submitted, subject to the limitations set out in paragraph 8 above.
- Active Referral Codes may be cancelled at SpinTel's discretion where there is suspected abuse of the Refer a Friend program.
- A Referral Credit may not be used or redeemed by employees of SpinTel or its authorised dealers.
- A Referral Credit is not transferable, refundable or redeemable for cash.
- The value of credit amounts may vary from time to time, please check the SpinTel website regularly for change. https://www.spintel.net.au/referafriend
- Once your friend or a family member has signed up and they have paid their first 2 monthly invoices (unless stated otherwise), the credits on both your accounts are applied.
- Minutes are used on Standard Australian landline and mobile calls only.
- Minutes are only Free when using a SpinTel Mobile SIM only plan.
- Active Referral means a Referral Code that has not yet been redeemed by a Referee or has not yet expired.
- Business Account means where a corporation or business entity with either an ACN or ABN enters into a contract with SpinTel, subject to the Standard Form of Agreement.
- Friend means a person with whom the Referrer has an existing personal, business or other relationship AND the Referrer believes the person may be interested in opening an Account.
- Personal Account means where an individual enters into a contract with SpinTel, subject to the Standard Form of Agreement (available at our website).
- Referral Credit means a credit applied to a SpinTel account through the SpinTel Refer a Friend program. The applicable amount of a Referral Credit is set out at the "About Refer a Friend" web page, accessible via https://www.spintel.net.au/referafriend.
- Referral Invitation means an email or SMS invitation, sent to a friend or family member by a Referrer using the SpinTel Refer a Friend Service.
- Referral Code means the unique code generated when a Referrer sends a Referral Invitation. A Referral Code expires upon redemption by a Referee or, if not redeemed, 90 days after being sent.
- Referee Credit means a credit applied to a SpinTel account through the SpinTel Refer a Friend program. The applicable amount of a Referral Credit is set out at the "About Refer a Friend" web page, accessible via https://www.spintel.net.au/referafriend.
Referee means a person who receives a Referral Invitation and who:
- is not an existing SpinTel customer;
- as a consequence of receiving the Referral Invitation, applies to join SpinTel:
- no earlier than one working day after the date the Referral Invitation is sent; and
- no later than 90 days after the Referral Invitation is sent;
- lives or works within SpinTel's coverage area;
- following a credit check (if applicable), is connected to at least one Internet of Telephone plan
- at the time of connecting to SpinTel, or within 7 days thereafter, provides SpinTel with one Active Referral Code; and
- has not previously made a claim for a Referral Credit.
Referrer means a SpinTel customer who sends a Referral Invitation
and, at the time of sending the Referral Invitation and when the relevant Referee connects to SpinTel: has at least one active service with SpinTel and has no overdue invoices in relation to any SpinTel account.
- Customer enquires how to refer a friend and get a credit
- Customer advised of referring somebody and asking for the referral credit
What to do
The RAF Process:
- Customer logs in to 'MyAccount".
- Customer clicks on "Refer A Friend" link.
- Customer supplies the name of the person being referred and the mobile number or email address. There referred person must be a different person, not the same customer/the same name.
- As soon as the customer does this, the person being referred will receive a referral code to be used when they sign-up. The referral code should automatically show in the order details. Otherwise, the referral process was not followed or there might be a system glitch.
- RAF credits will be automatically issued to both the referrer and the referee after 2 invoices.
Referral Credit Table
|Business Broadband Bundle
|Home Broadband Bundle
Customers calling to claim referral bonus.
- Verify if customer followed the referral process.
- Find the referral code.
- Check the tenure of the referred account (there must be 2 invoices already).
- If the referral process was followed but the system did not apply the reward automatically, apply the adjustment and include the referral code and the referred account in the adjustment comments.
- If the referral process was not followed e.g. the customer supplied the referred person details after the sign-up or did not follow the process at all/verbal referral, please consult your Team Leader whether the request for the reward can be granted.