- Customer recently made a payment
- Customer got notice of non-payment but they have processed a payment manually either via BPay, bank deposit, cash, or cheque
What to do
- Confirm the date, time, exact amount of payment, method of payment and transaction/reference number with the customer.
- Open the unapplied payments account https://station.spintel.net.au/customers/048239/invoices and go to the invoice history to check if the payment is on this page.
- If the payment is located, create a ticket to Credit to apply the payment to the account. See the required details below.
Account link/Customer Account number
Method (how the payment was made)
Amount (exact amount)
The ticket will be handled and an update will be available in 2 working days.
- If payment is not found in the unapplied payments section, check if the account belongs to a Group. It is highly possible that the payment has been posted to the wrong account so it is important to check each account in the Group to locate the payment. See the screenshot below on how to determine group accounts.
- If still unable to find the payment, follow the steps below:
- Ask the customer for the details (date, time, amount, method of payment and reference/transaction number)
-If EFT - confirm to what payment details
-If BPAY - ask for the Biller code and Reference #
-If Cheque - Name to whom the payment was made to, where it was posted and confirm if the cheque has been banked (if yes confirm when it was banked)
-If CC - confirm how the payment was made, phone or online
- Ask for documentation (receipt)
- Set a deadline for the customer to provide the documentation (1-2 working days)
- Send an email to the customer to respond to with the document and this will in turn be assigned to credit when received by the ticket department who will be alerted of the customer response.
- If service is suspended, request from lead to remove suspension of the service then apply payment suspension to prevent disconnection. Time frame will be within the allotted deadline.
- If service is active, request from lead to place payment suspension within the allotted deadline.
Note: Always educate the customer of the accepted mode of payments and correct process when making manual payments to the bank to prevent these payment issues.