Broadband Drop Out
Modem has line sync and has successfully authenticated; however, the connection is experiencing intermittent disruptions.
These troubleshooting steps should be undertaken in order to resolve the issue:
Firstly we need to confirm the phone service is operating correctly. If the phone is not behaving correctly this needs to be investigated first:
- Check for a clear dial tone.
- Check for any noise present on the telephone line (static/crackling/buzzing etc.)
- Confirm the correct number is on the line by performing a CLI check. Do this by dialing the following numbers and recording the results – one of which should result in your telephone number.
- 127 22 123:
- 1800 652 456:
i. Note: If one of the above numbers result in a telephone number that is not your number – please contact our Technical Support team on 1300 303 375 for further investigation.
- Power cycle the modem. This involves removing the power for 30 seconds and turning the device back on. Allow 1-2minutes for the modem to stabilise and check for a change in the ADSL/DSL light. Observe the connection for any changes.
- Perform an isolation test. This involves removing any devices including telephone handsets, fax machines, Foxtel Digital, back to base alarm systems, filters/splitters etc. from your telephone line.
- Once this is done plug in your modem directly to a telephone socket and allow 1-2 minutes for the ADSL/DSL light to stabilise. We then need to test the service over a period of time and observe whether or not the dropouts continue.
- If there is still no change, replace the phone line cable in use by the modem with another as short as possible phone line cable. Re-check the status of the connection over a period of time.
- If the dropouts continue, test the modem using alternate phone sockets in the premises.
- If the problem continues repeat steps 2-6 using an alternate modem.
Should you still experience problems after following the troubleshooting in this guide, please contact our Technical Support team on 1300 303 375.