Phone No Dialtone
When the telephone receiver is lifted, no dial tone can be heard on the line.
These troubleshooting steps should be undertaken in order to resolve the issue:
- Perform an isolation test. This involves removing any devices including telephone handsets, ADSL modems, fax machines, Foxtel Digital, back to base alarm systems, filters/splitters etc. from your telephone line.
- Once completed, plug your telephone directly into the phone socket and check for a dial tone.
- Whilst the line is isolated, check for dial tone on all available phone sockets in the premises.
- Repeat step 3 using an alternate (known working) handset and replacement phone line cable.
- Perform a POTS reset, this involves removing all devices connected to the telephone line once again, leaving the line completely isolated for 1 hour. After the hour has passed, plug in your telephone handset directly to the socket and check for a dial tone.
Should you still experience problems after following the troubleshooting in this guide, please contact our Technical Support team on 1300 303 375.