SpinTel has a number of tools available to help you manage your telecommunications spend. These tools will allow you to check your usage and determine if you are within your limit.
For more information on the available spend management tools, please refer to your service below:
Phone (including VoIP)
- My Account – You can track your call usage and view your call history for each billing cycle.
- My Account – You can track your data usage and view daily usage summaries for each billing cycle. Usage may be delayed by up to 1 hour.
- Usage warnings – You will be alerted by email at 50% 85% and 100% of your data allowance. It is important to take note of these warnings to avoid excess usage fees or a reduction in your service speed (if applicable to your plan).
- My Account – You can track your call, text and data usage and view your usage history for each billing cycle. Usage may be delayed by up to 48 hours.
- Usage warnings – You will be alerted by email and SMS at 50%, 85% and 100% of your call and data allowances. These warnings may be delayed by up to 48 hours.
We will make our best efforts to alert you by SMS for every
$50 to $100 of usage not included with your plan (non cap usage). There may be
instances where this amount is greater, depending on the delay in the usage
being delivered and processed. For example, if you make a call which has a charge of $219, you will receive a notification after a record of that call has been received and processed by SpinTel, so your first notification may be for $219.
Mobile & Wireless Broadband
- My Account – You can track your data usage and view usage summaries for each billing cycle. Usage may be delayed by up to 24 hours.
- Usage warnings – You will be alerted by email at 50%, 85% and 100% of your data allowance. It is important to take note of these warnings to avoid excess usage fees.
- Third party monitoring tools – SpinTel does not support the use of third party monitoring tools, but you may find them helpful when monitoring your usage. Tools such as ‘NetMeter’, which is also available from My Account, allow you to monitor your usage in real-time. Please note that your usage may vary due to a number of factors and the usage details recorded in My Account will be billable.
Select the right plan for you
The following information is provided as a guide to assist customers to calculate how much data they may upload or download:
- Streaming standard content uses about 1GB per hour per stream, and may use up to 3GB per hour for high definition content.
- Skype can use up to 50MB per hour for voice calls, and up to 500MB per hour for video calls (depending on many quality variables).
- Gaming can use anywhere between 100MB and 500MB per hour during online play.
- Installing some AAA gaming titles may use over 50GB of data, and content patches can be in excess of 10GB.