We're here to help

At SpinTel, we are committed to helping customers facing financial hardship maintain telecommunications access with SpinTel and working with you to find a sustainable solution. Disconnection will only be used as a measure of last resort. As a customer, you have a right to apply for financial hardship assistance, and it is free of charge.

What is financial hardship?

Financial hardship occurs when a customer is unable to fulfil their financial responsibilities to a company due to various reasons, such as personal or household illness, job loss, low income, including reduced access to income, being a victim or survivor of domestic violence, family emergencies such as death, natural disasters, unexpected events or unforeseen changes that have impacted the customer’s income or expenditure, or other reasonable causes.
The customer must also consider that they can meet their payment obligations if an agreed arrangement for financial hardship assistance is set up.

Am I eligible to apply for financial hardship?

If your situation is as described above, you are eligible to apply. Any customer can request a payment extension in My Account and approach us for assistance setting up a payment arrangement.

How can I apply for financial assistance?

If you're having difficulty paying your bill, exploring ways to reduce your bill, or seeking financial hardship assistance, please reach out:
Livechat:  Click on the Chat Icon and start a conversation
By Phone: Call us on 1300 303 375, 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday.
Submit now: Click to Apply

The application process

Once we’ve received your request for support, we'll assess and determine your eligibility. We will advise you within business 5 days of the outcome of our assessment (usually much quicker).
If your application is accepted, we will work with you to find an assistance option that will work for you.
To determine the most suitable assistance for you, we may inquire about your financial situation and the services you require from us. For instance, if the financial challenges are long-term, we might request relevant documents to support your situation.
For short-term assistance, or if you are a victim or survivor of domestic or family violence, we will not request any documents.

Options for Assistance

What happens if you disagree with our assessment?

If you disagree with the result of a financial hardship assessment, you can seek a review through our Complaints Process. You can make a complaint by calling 1300 303 375 between 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday, emailing or submitting an online request.  More information can be found in our Complaints Policy.
If you are unsatisfied with the resolution of your complaint, you can contact the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman (TIO) for impartial mediation by calling 1800 062 058 or visiting It is important to note that seeking assistance through the complaints process will not hinder you from receiving financial hardship support from us.

More help is available

We encourage you to call the National Debt Helpline on 1800 007 007 which offers free counselling services provided by community organisations, legal centres, and some government agencies.

You may also find assistance online by visiting the following sites:

How do I find out more?

You can see the full details of our payment assistance policy by clicking here.


Our friendly gurus are ready and waiting to help you choose the best plan for you.